With St. Patricks Day nearing, everyone is turning Irish. Here we have an amazing Traditional Irish recipe that uses the two staple foods of the Irish, pork and potatoes. This amazing Irish sausage and potato coddle is simple to make and is very delicious. This sausage and potato coddle is a great dish to have for a St. Patricks Day lunch or dinner with family and friends. Learn how to make this amazing Irish recipe here.
Sausage and Potato Coddle
- 1 lbs pork sausage
- 1/2 lbs bacon,
- 2 lb large potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1/4 cup parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Take a large pan
- Add a little oil and place the pieces of bacon on the pan, fry the bacon until they turn golden
- Remove the bacon once done
- Use a fork to gently poke the sausages and then place them into the pan, using the bacon fat to fry them
- Once the sausages are done, cut the sausages into 1/2 inch pieces
- Take a baking dish, layer the potatoes, sausages, onions and bacon , sprinkle chopped parsley on each layer.
- Add water to the pan and boil, pour the fat and water mix over the coddle
- Cover with a foil and bake for 50 minutes @ 375F
This amazing sausage and potato coddle is a perfect main course dish for a St. Patricks Day meal.