Here we have an amazing Irish recipe made using potatoes and smoked salmon. Potato cakes are a traditional Irish breakfast dish, and are also known as farls. This amazing recipe uses the most amazing smoked salmon and potato cakes to make a great Irish dish that is just perfect to put on a Sunday dinner table or to have on your St. Patricks Day menu. Learn how to make this amazing recipe here
Smoked Salmon and Potato cakes
- 3 large potatoes
- 100g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
Ingredients for topping
- 200g soft cheese
- 300g smoked salmon
- I onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Start by taking a large saucepan, add water and some salt and bring the water to boil
- Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes
- Drain the water and place the pan on the flame and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Take a large bowl, add the potatoes to the bowl and mash to a soft mash
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well
- Make small balls of the potato mash, lightly dust the balls with flour and flatten into cakes.
- Take a skillet, add some oil and fry the cakes over medium flame until the cakes are golden brown
- In a bowl, take cheese and soften it
- Place the potato cakes on a plate, spoon some cheese and place a slice of smoke salmon on the cakes
- Garnish with onions , capers and lemon zest and serve.
This amazing potato cakes and smoked salmon recipe is great to use as a party appetizer, or can be used for an amazing breakfast dish.