This St. Patricks day if you are planning on having a family get together and want to serve up something that is green and delicious, we have the perfect green food recipe that you and your guests would just love. This green soup is green and full of flavour. Learn how to make this green soup recipe that we have here for St. Patricks Day.
- 4 cups broth
- 1 large onion(minced)
- 2 Garlic cloves(minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini(sliced thin)
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Start by taking a large saucepan, add 2 cups broth along with minced onion, garlic and nutmeg and allow boiling
- Once the mix starts boiling, reduce the heat and allow simmering for 15 minutes
- Add 2 cups of broth and sliced zucchini and allow the broth to boil again.
- Once the broth starts boiling, reduce the flame and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the flame and allow to coll.
- Use a blender to puree the soup and avocado until you have a fine puree
- Pour the soup into a pan and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- garnish with Parsley before serving
This green soup is the perfect dish to serve for a St. Patricks Day lunch or dinner.