St. Patricks Day is synonymous with the color green, what better way of celebrating St. Patricks day with friends and family than making some amazing green food recipes for St. Patricks Day. Green food recipes for St. Patricks Day help set the mood for a great celebratory dinner or lunch and are also great idea for St. Patricks Day parties.
Here we have an amazing green food recipe that is just right for St. Patricks Day. This green peas and cheese puree not only tastes great but is a great hit with kids and adults. You can use these amazing green peas and cheese puree as a dip, a side dish or even as a pasta sauce. Learn how to make this amazing green peas and cheese puree by following this simple recipe given below.
Green Peas and Cheese Puree Recipe
- 2 cups peas
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cooked pasta
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- Start by taking a saucepan and adding, peas, salt and water to the pan.
- Place the pan over a medium flame and bring to boil, allow the peas to simmer for a few minutes before you remove the pan off the flame.
- Remove 1/2 cups of the peas and set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add half and half and butter to the bowl and then add 1 1/2 cups peas form the pan and mix well.
- Place the peas in a blender and blend until you have a smooth puree
- Add 1/2 cups of whole peas to the green peas puree and mix well
- Pour the green peas and cheese puree over pasta
This amazing green peas and cheese puree can be used as a side dish with meat, or can be used as a dip along with chips or tacos for a great St. Patricks Day party snack. You can also serve this amazing dish along with rice. You can also serve this amazing green peas puree over toast.