This St Patricks Day, serve up some of the most delicious green food recipes ever. Green food has always been popular not only with kids, but adults as well. St Patricks Day gives everyone the opportunity of reliving their childhood and eating green food. Here we have the perfect green soup recipe that is not only perfect for St. Patricks Day , but can be made on any other occasion when you crave for green comfort food. This green pea and bacon soup is simple to make and can be made in minutes. Learn how to make this amazing green pea and bacon soup for St. Patricks Day.
Green Pea and Bacon Soup
- 1 cup bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 6 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 8 cup beef stock
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 6 cans green peas
- 1 cup whole cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Celery for garnish
- Start by taking a pan and frying bacon pieces until they are golden and crisp. Remove the bacon once done.
- In the bacon fat, add butter, onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add Stock to the pan and allow to boil before adding potatoes to the pan
- Add red pepper to the pan and allow to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Stir in peas and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add peas to the pan and allow to cook.
- Remove the soup from the flame, allow to cool and then blend in the blender until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add cream, salt and pepper
- Add bacon and stir over a flame for a few minutes until the soup bubbles
- Garnish with celery
Your amazing green peas and bacon soup is ready to be served, this soup tastes amazing with Irish soda bread and is perfect for St. Patricks Day dinner.