With St. Patricks Day round the corner, every one is going green in a literal sense. This St. Patricks Day make your kids green food recipes that will set the mood for a great St. Patricks day celebration. We have some amazing green recipes for St. Patricks day that you can try out at home, these simple to follow recipes can be made anytime you want to eat something green or want to surprise your kids with something different.
Here we have an amazing green mac and cheese recipe that is a perfect dish for St. Patricks day. This amazing green mac and cheese gets its green tinge from healthy to eat spinach and is a great way of ensuring that your kids eat their greens. Learn how to make this amazing green food recipe for St. Patricks Day here.
Green Mac and Cheese with Tuna Recipe
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta
- 8 slices Cheese Singles
- 1/3 cup milk
- One bag baby spinach.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans tuna
- Start by taking a large saucepan, add water and boil the pasta till almost done, remove the pasta and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Take a pan, drizzle some olive oil and place over a medium flame.
- Add spinach leaves and sauté till they become soft and bright green
- Puree the spinach in a food processor
- Add cheese and milk to the pan and heat until the cheese melts
- Add spinach puree to the cheese and milk mix and mix well allow to cook for a while
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add pasta to the pan and mix well until completely coated with the sauce
- Add the Tuna to the past and mix well
Your Green mac and cheese is ready to serve, you can substitute tuna with chicken (boiled) or any other cooked and shredded meat of your choice.